Ask a Question
Kabuki Movement Systems
3 Days of Intensive hands on work PLUS online support!
SEPT 15-17, Boston
Friday: 3pm-6pm, Saturday & Sunday: 9am-5pm
Save $150 on registration with code 'KMSBOSTONEARLY"
We only host 4 events a year so plan on traveling and don't wait for one in your city!
"I learned more about how the body operates under load in 2 days than during the 4 years of my Kinesiology degree"
- Anthony Zhang"For 2 years I was struggled with returning to lifting after a shoulder dislocation. None of my resources within my clinical network were able to get me out of pain and certainly not back to lifting. Within a week of the KMS seminar I was out of pain and lifting what I had done 2 years prior! Better yet I knew exactly what the issue was and how to fix as well as substantially increased my knowledge that I will use as a coach and in my practice!" - Dr Donald Blake Berry, D.C. “This course combines clinical theory with years of competition tested training through the lens of powerlifting. As a clinician, it was refreshing to see many tried and true concepts repurposed and utilized in novel ways that reached beyond the treatment room and into the domain of athletic development. Any athlete would benefit from this seminar, but for the movement specialist, it is invaluable when troubleshooting dysfunction. The KMS no-nonsense approach is crystal clear in its instruction. I apply the concepts in both the clinic setting and the gym on a daily basis.” - Dr. Roy Page, D.C., M.S., CCSP® "Kabuki Movement Systems is for everybody. Regardless of your education and experience in the gym as a strength athlete or as a strength coach, unless you are a closed minded fool, you can pick something up from this workshop. You can bet your ass he drops nuggets of knowledge that are pure gold. As a strength coach who has been to 7 DNS courses and countless other workshops, I can say, that Chris gave me 2 years of trying to figure out cuing and how I can apply certain concepts to my athletes in those two days. The impact the course has already had on my lifts, and the lifts of my athletes after just the first day of me applying KMS principles is profound. As strength coach who is in the trenches of training every day, it is clear how powerful this course truly is!"
-Bobby Congalton, Strength Coach and owner of 1RM Performance. Kabuki Movement Systems (KMS) is a groundbreaking approach using basic loaded movements to determine deviant movement patterns, underlying issues, and how to fix them. You will learn to identify these issues, use clinically supported corrective measures to resolve them, and understand how to coach these movements using methods based on basic human Operational Mechanics. This integrated system will allow you to quickly identify and improve your performance, or your clients’. This method is not only innovative, but also grounded in science - pulling from multiple respected and developed disciplines. Once the basic operation mechanics and related postural/recruitment patterns are understood, we can use the core barbell lifts as both the assessment and corrective tools for movement issues. his integrated system will allow you to quickly identify and improve your client (or your own) performance. KMS covers a large variety of correctional movement patterns yet never deviates from our core tenant - basic movement patterns to improve human function, get stronger, and live better.
Background on this Approach
This is the only complete approach like this being taught. It is not only innovative but grounded in science pulling form multiple disciplines to create this unique system. Chris has been a competitive athlete for 25 years achieving multiple world records and 15 years of coaching. He has combined that experience with his engineering and continuous learning mindset. By seeking out and learning directly from some of the best rehab and sports clinicians around that set the course for the rest of the field, he has been able to collaborate, refine, and test this approach over the years.
In addition to his own records Chris is an even more successful coach having coached more All-Time Record setting Powerlifters than any other Coach in the world.
What you will learn
- How to coach and cue the core lifts based on operational mechanics vs peripheral observation
- How to use the core lifts and loaded movement patters as a full movement assessment
- How to then modify and apply corrective movements for performance
- Special exercises for developing weak areas or firing pattern issues
- Innovative Re-paternining and soft tissue techniques with Kabuki Strength and Acumobility products
- Mental preparation to achieve success as an athlete, coach, career, and life.
- Velocity Based Training
KMS Certification has 2 Phases
- 2 days of intensive hands on training
- 30 day online course diving deeper than we could ever go in a 2 day weekend (Certification requires validation and is not guaranteed)
The KMS Certification is for YOU, if…
- You’re finally ready to learn how to bridge the gap between functional movement and performance
- You’re tired of spinning your wheels and wasting your time
- You want a COMPLETE EDUCATION, not just another expensive piece of paper to show to your friends
- You LOVE learning and making yourself better
- You LOVE sharing what you’ve learned with others to help them become better versions of themselves, too!
Where and When?
Sept 15 : 3pm-6pm
Sept 16-17: 9am-5pm
Total Performance Sports150 Charles Street
Registration is non-Refundable but transferable to other dates if we are notified at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.